It's that time of the year again ...

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

It's that time of the year again ...

Post by jannie »

... when the leaves are falling and we start thinking of clearing them up. A timely reminder that Hedgehogs are looking for somewhere to hibernate ...so before we put a fork into piles of leaves or compost we need to think Hedgehog. Also bonfires need to be checked before lighting .. a Hedgehog could have moved in overnight. {hog}

Another worrying event this year is the mild weather we've had has caused the Hedgehogs to have late litters .. these little souls will not be heavy enough to make it through the winter if they go into hibernation, so if you do see a young hedgehog please don't leave it .. hand it to your nearest rescue centre where they will feed it up till it's big enough to hibernate. {hog} {hog}
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: It's that time of the year again ...

Post by Mo »

Not the usual advice e.g. 'rescuing' young birds is not a good idea.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

ClareM
Lively Laner

Post by ClareM »

There's a village I drive through to work everyday who always have a huge bonfire, but they collect all the stuff to burn around the edge of the site then build the fire itself at the last minute. Don't know if it's a hedgehog-awareness thing or just seeing how much stuff they've got....but I like to think they're thinking of the hedgehogs!
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

We hope the message is getting through Claire. )like( {hog}