They are back

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

They are back

Post by Meanqueen »

I sometimes feed my cats outside the back door when the weather is dry, now it's getting warmer. The wild birds take whatever is left over. The birds are waiting for me each morning to see what I am going to put out on the lawn for them. It is quickly scoffed. I have noticed a few small poo's dotted about on the lawn. I have a strong suspicion that the hedgehogs are back. I hope so. I fed them all summer last year before they went into hibernation. Now I am putting some dry cat food out for them, and hope the wandering cats don't get it first.

ilona
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: They are back

Post by lancashire lass »

that reminds me of when I used to live with aunty in Croydon back in the 1980s - she had a medium sized garden which was visited by hedgehogs, foxes, squirrels (even an albino one turned up once - completely white fur (red squirrel) with pink eyes) and birds, especially the starlings. She often left the last of the roast (such as a chicken carcass or leg bone) on the lawn to watch the birds swoop down like vultures to pick the bones clean.
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Re: They are back

Post by Trev62 »

We saw our first hedgehog in years tonight when walking the dogs, I had forgotten how noisy they were. Our Karakachan had no idea what to make of it, funny watching her investigate and then decide it was best left alone.
"Not all those who wander are lost"