My House Guest

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
wendy

Re: My House Guest

Post by wendy »

Sounds like she is using you as the 'fosterer' with all the looking after rights and she will take the 'stud money.
Am I cynical....well yes I am, I am afraid after all these years 'in' dogs.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

Post by secret squirrel »

Your are right of course. There are different ways of looking at it though. At least I have the pleasure of looking after and caring for a lovely dog, and he `is` lovely. I do have the satisfaction of knowing that he is being cared for properly. She says that she is going to `gift` us a puppy if he produces any and she has repeated the offer several times, so I really hope she does, as we would love to have one of his babies. I am enjoying the walking aspect as well. Its a good time to be alone with my thoughts for a while, which I need just now and it means I have a legitimate reason for getting out of the house. The whole extended family have really taken to him and we all enjoy having him here.
She `was` going to buy a designer cat for us until I stopped her as we would rather have a dog instead, right now.
MY dad got a lot of comfort from seeing him in the time leading up to when he passed away and mum loves to see him as well, so he has hecome part of our family.
Its an odd way to aquire a dog really, but I suppose it takes all sorts of people to make a world. Isnt it funny the way different people reguard their dogs, and the breeds they choose to own.?
I have a strong suspision he is a `trophy` rather than a pet, but then I guess some peole are like that. I`m not convinced that central London is a siutable environment for a dog of this size anyway, but there you go. :-D
Still, hes happy and settled with us.
lorna
I`m not a teacher for nothing, you know!! If I was clever, I`d be dangerous.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Gosh, it will be very hard for you when you need to give him back won't it? Couldn't you suggest you give hime a permanent home?
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
wendy

Post by wendy »

That sounds a much better idea, Helen.
You have him Lorna, you love him and he quite obviously loves you. She has the stud rights.
You can co own dogs and that arrangement often happens in the dog breeding world.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

Post by secret squirrel »

Its something I have thought of, but would I have the courage to suggest it to her?
It `is` going to be hard to give him up, but if thats the way it has to be, then so be it. You are right, we adore him.
I have been to mums today as she has a new carpet coming which was ordered before dad died, so my daughter has taken him out all day.
It would be easier if his owner bothered to come and see him. {cry}
lorna
I`m not a teacher for nothing, you know!! If I was clever, I`d be dangerous.