the fox has visited !

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

Oh Dave, no! :cry:

Its not nice, and I dont know why he didnt kill her - maybe got distracted/interrupted?
My Websites; http://www.tranquillitytherapies.co.uk
Speckledhen
Lively Laner

Post by Speckledhen »

Oh Dave, I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm not surprised you are on the warpath! Perhaps he/she was scared off by your dogs in mid-attack as it were.

Michele
In a perfect world every dog would have a home, and every home would have a dog - Anon.
Dave
Legendary Laner

Post by Dave »

quite a few white feathers on the neighbours lawn!!
i am just about to batton down the hatches
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
Dave
Legendary Laner

Post by Dave »

neighbours garden
my run
the hole
the old
the new
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Firstly Dave, very bad news, I know how it feels a few times myself.

Second, thank you for putting up the pictures because it shows how easy it is for them to get in. 'If a squireel can get in' etc. also they can bite their way through chicken wire like wire cutters if they're that positive.

You can become paranoid about it. I've been lucky and they haven't found a way in for nearly two years now, but I just know they will one day.

Also, it is very important that 'newbies' know it isn't just the night time when they attack. I've seen them middle of the day attacking my chickens. I've found one fast asleep just a few feet from the fence.

It's also important not to blame either the fox or yourself (unless it is sheer neglect an I know it isn't with you).
Foxes are only doing what humans do, eat, but it's in a ifferent way to us, that's all.
We let someone else do the killing for us - only difference.

Many think they just kill, but my neighbour used to find mine buried in his garden with the feet sticking up. They do that to store them for later use.

Chin up mate, you will 'win', but it's an uphill struggle, especially now they know where their's a meal for them.

Richard
Last edited by Richard on 25 Jan 2008, 18:48, edited 1 time in total.
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Dave
Legendary Laner

Post by Dave »

the coup has a concrete base so i am prity sure there is now
no way in
yes it has a concrete floor
but i have put several inches of floor covering down
the mesh at the front is heavy gauge (not chicken wire)
Photobucket
the white chicken in the photo is the one that has just
been got !!
wendy

Post by wendy »

No. How awful for you both and how sad. That looks like a light sussex, is it? Poor little hen.
It is a constant fear we all live with I am afraid. A girl on my forum had her chickens taken while her husband and son were in the garden one afternoon.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Dave
Legendary Laner

Post by Dave »

its a white one!!!!!
when we bought them
we just said we'll have a couple of them
and a couple of those and can we have that white one