close encounter of the foxy kind

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
madmum
Legendary Laner

close encounter of the foxy kind

Post by madmum »

As Max(our husky pup)and i were on one of our usual walks this morning he suddenly went rigid and quivered all over with his hackles raised from neck to tail!Out from the corn field about ten feet away strolled a huge dog fox yike* !!After a casual glance in our direction he strolled accross the lane ,down the water filled dyke,up the opposite bank and into the corn field on the other side!!As he kept up a casual pace Max stood frozen to the spot not making a sound but as soon as it had gone out of sight he went ballistic!!!I have never been that close to an adult fox before and i was as startled as Max but i dont know how i held on to him once he started!!I think i might give that route a miss for a week or two )j;(The lane is only a couple of miles from our hiouse so my chooks have all been warned!!! {warn} )
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
redd_angel55
Legendary Laner

Re: close encounter of the foxy kind

Post by redd_angel55 »

Phew...it was lucky you mananged to hold on to him. My Greyhound would have chased the fox. We have quite a few foxes in our area and a couple of times I have seen them sitting outside the chicken run looking in and our chooks looking at the fox from the inside.They probably thought, "not another dog!" yike*
It's a good idea to stay clear of the area for a while. We saw a hare on our usual walk months ago, but my Greyhound still remembers it and gets VERY excited everytime we come near the spot! Silly girl, as if the hare will just sit there and wait for her to come by again! :?
Slave to 3 children, 1 Greyhound, 1 Cat, 4 rescued hens and a very patient hubby x
R.I.P: Ellie, Phoebe, Tikka

Freshstart for hens collection point Aylesbury, Bucks