Return of the Woodpecker (pics)

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

We've seen the Green Woodpecker quite a lot, but this, at 7am this morning, is the first siting of this beauty.

New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

Stunning!!! A gorgeous bird, you;re very lucky to have it in your garden!! )t' (f+
My Websites; http://www.tranquillitytherapies.co.uk
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

A very pretty bird, Richard, think you need some more nuts in your feeder though. He He!

:-D
Ilona
wendy

Post by wendy »

lovely. I have only ever had one in the garden
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

This was two years ago when we had the family of them.

Not great quality I'm afraid

PS - Going to buy some nuts after I've finished my new Fortnightly Diary entry!
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

They're lovely Richard. I've heard a woodpecker doing it's pecking stuff near home for the first time ever today, how nice is that )t'
We too get them on the feeders, it's lovely to see, but to hear that proper noise was great.
Every year we get a duck come to our pond, he brings his girlfriends with him, a different one each year I guess, as sometimes it's the white one off the river, which was bred by a pet white duck eloping to the wilds & living with them. he is a real sweetie, he has a very unusual stripe on his wings, that's how we know it's the same duck, the hens are over impressed, even my new batts too off after him today )c(
Cheers
mel x
lou
Legendary Laner

Post by lou »

What a beautiful bird, we have seen a green one on the odd occasion, we dont get to many birds in our garden anymore what with the cat and dog, we seem to get wood pigeons and black birds alot - though they must be braver! And saw 2 very pretty robins the other day! Oh and flipping seagulls they seem to surround us!
"Happiness is making the most of what you have."
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

Post by AnnaB »

They are beautiful birds Richard and we get quite a few. We have had to reinforce the tits boxes as they peck a big slot and get the eggs/babies.