visiting hedgehog

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

visiting hedgehog

Post by Meanqueen »

I had a visiting hedgehog last night, I have seen it around a few times. I put a dish of cat food out for it to encourage it back. I was looking for my cat Freddie quite late, to get him in for bed time, and right outside the back door was Henry the Hedgehog. A passing neighbours cat, Rocky, sat looking at it and taking a sniff now and then, and leaping into the air as it shuffled forwards. Henry didn't want to play and Rocky lost interest.

I love hedgehogs, I must remember to de flea my cats, just in case the little blighters have decided to take up residence in a more softer environment.

Ilona
8)
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

We have a lot of hedgehogs here, and they are gorgeous, and love cat food. We usually hear them before seeing them, dont they make some noise?? (f+
Looove chucks!
mellonia
Longlasting Laner

Post by mellonia »

Hi

We used to get a little family last year but since our town got flooded last june 2007, i haven't seen one this year. I wonder what happened to them all.

Does anyone know what impact last years flooding had on wildlife, never heard them mentioned it was all about peoples homes and people in canoes.

I have a little pond and all my fish all 7 of them swam out over the top and in the street, we watched them from the bedroom window, neighbours and my oh caught every one.

Mellonia
money talks but all mine ever says is goodbye
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Well done for catching the fish. Was your house all right. Guess it couldn't have been too bad if you had time to go fishing, but it must have been a close thing.

I used to see lots of urchins in my Mother-in-laws garden in Beverley, when we were looking after her there, a few years back.