Cats Protection and RSPCA

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
madmum
Legendary Laner

Re: Cats Protection and RSPCA

Post by madmum »

We have a cat that we aquired as a lost kitten.The owners had a cat flap but no one was around during the day so she got into a workmans van and was transported 5 miles down the road to our house.When we tracked down the owner(she was chipped )they did not want her back(she was only a few months old {mr.angry} )and said we could keep her.So we got her chip transfered to us and kept her in for three weeks to "rehome"her It was awful......she hated being in all the time.We used to lock her cat flap at night but she would drive us mad trying to get out so she now comes and goes as she pleases.Not an hour goes by without me wondering where she is and if she does not come back for her supper then a full scale search is mounted )sh At the other end of the house is my mothers Maine coon . She stays in one room for the majority of the time {warn} And on two occaisions when she has been outside with them she has got over the fence to next doors whose dogs kill for pleasure yike* Causing a full scale alert to rescue her!!!!!!!Once" indoor" cats get out they have a very steep learning curve to follow!!!!!!!
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
ock

Post by ock »

our cat turned up at our house about 5 years ago, he was really thin and dirty and you couldn`t get near him, he just hung around for days, my missus tried to feed him some chicken one day and he nearly had her hand off he was so hungry yike* , we thought he was really old but when we took him to the vets we found out he was only a couple of years old, turned out there was a farm a couple of miles away that had loads of cats living in the barns, when the people moved out they just left all the cats and kittens there {cry} , we think he was one of the kittens, he`s still with us now, had his nuts cut off to calm him down a bit, he only comes in the house for a bit in the evenings, he lives outside in one of our sheds, he would go mad inside our house, we had to keep him in one night after he went vets and he spent all night calling to be let out {cry}, he doesn`t normally catch birds but he does catch alot of mice and eats them )eat(
[center]OCK LIKES TO PARTY !!!![/center]
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

ours go in and out in the daytime as they choose but our one rule is they sleep in the house at night as it seems to be bully boy cats out at night looking for a fight . The siamese have a curfew at dusk the moggies stay out if they choose until our bedtime.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Alex. & Annie wrote: ...but our one rule is ...

that phrase hardly fits on the same page as the word "cats"
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
baileysgnasha
Legendary Laner

Post by baileysgnasha »

Knikitta wrote:Does she work 'stand alone' then?

I think I will make up some sort of thank you parcel for her.

I would like to add that my cats are not 'unwanted', not by a long shot. But if we keep them we will be unable to move into our new home and end up homeless. We have tried reasoning with the new landlord, offering a higher deposit, explaining that I am a vet nurse but they are being very strict on the No Pet rule.

I was going to get them done, but just haven't got the money for it yet as it is a lot higher priced than I expected (was only £25 when I practiced, now it is £135 per cat, plus registration of £85 per cat) but as they are purely indoor cats I was in no rush.

Not had cats in along time.....But :shock: at how much it is now to get a cat "done". Vet fees really have gone through the roof... How can anyone afford that price , In all honesty its no wonder the majority are not "done" .. yike*
Andrea- Sunny Clucker fan awaiting her arrival in Kettering,Northamptonshire.
Knikitta
Longlasting Laner

Post by Knikitta »

It's probably not an all round figure for every vets, but that is what they were quoting me at our nearest vet's.

Even if we only had one cat I would still struggle to find that amount of money. :(
I swear I'll have a permanent imprint of my palm over my face from reading forums.
wendy

Post by wendy »

This is often the problem. People get the pets and sometimes pay a lot of money to buy them. But forget to factor in the vet bills etc. including neutering, over the years. Then find they cannot cope. You would be surprised at some of the really expensive breeds of dogs that end up in the rescue homes. Not always the cost of keeping them, but I am sure it has a bearing on their decision.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Hi Knikitta - Did everything go well yesterday? I will send you a double {hug} {hug}
Knikitta
Longlasting Laner

Post by Knikitta »

Yes it did, I cried so much when I had to say Goodbye, but she seemed such a nice lady, even if she did batter me about reporting the lady I got the cats off and demanding I report her to social services and the RSPCA >.<

I took some dry and tinned food as well, and their bedding, toys, bowls and mats which she seemed extremely grateful for. My four year old kept hugging me and telling me it was all right and that Sookie and Sylvana are happy because they are purring.

Thank you again... was strange getting up this morning and they were not here, even if I did look for them and had the tin opener in my hand looking for a tin of food {cry}
I swear I'll have a permanent imprint of my palm over my face from reading forums.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Awwwww bless you and your little one. {hug&kiss}

She will look after them AND find them a very good home too, I promise you. She vets the homes thoroughly. {hug&kiss}