springwatch

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
lou
Legendary Laner

Post by lou »

Wood pigeons nest in my garden, and their nests are always so messy looking, it amazes me how it stays together.
We had robins last year and probably every year before that too, but last year all the chicks left the nest too early, flipping cat got one of them, me and hubby tried to coax them into the bushes, but i don't think any made it :cry: and lo and behold they didn't come back this year! They are not silly!

I would love to have a few nest boxes, but my cat isn't stupid either and i don't want to encourage him to go killing little fledglings, my mum had little black birds leave her garden last week, they were so funny hopping round her garden!

Re:springwatch, i love it too, and i watch the cbeebies version with my kids too

:oops: Did you see the story on the dolphind tonight, very very sad.

I find i get quite emotional too, especially tonight with that poor blue tit
trying to feed them :cry:
"Happiness is making the most of what you have."
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

saint-spoon wrote:Got sparrows nesting in our eves but i expect that they'll be fledging soon.
Never miss spring watch if i can help it, or autumn watch come to think of it.

Awoke to silence this morning, our little organic alarm clocks have fledged leaving us with the song of a lone blackbird. Oh well we knew it would happen one day and it has. :cry:
Bah Humbug
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

saint-spoon wrote:
saint-spoon wrote:Got sparrows nesting in our eves but i expect that they'll be fledging soon.
Never miss spring watch if i can help it, or autumn watch come to think of it.

Awoke to silence this morning, our little organic alarm clocks have fledged leaving us with the song of a lone blackbird. Oh well we knew it would happen one day and it has. :cry:

More chirping this morning so not sure what is going on, maybe they were just quiet yesterday or maybe they have fledged but decided to hang around for a free feed or maybe there are two nests….. confused>
Bah Humbug