rats/mice

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
paddy graham
Legendary Laner

rats/mice

Post by paddy graham »

A question asked on another forum that I visit but no-one has come up with a definate answer.Do rats eat mice?And do rats and mice live in the same area?
When Irish eyes are smiling,they are usually up to mischief.
Kaeta44
Longlasting Laner

Re: rats/mice

Post by Kaeta44 »

Rats will eat small verebrates and mice fall into that category, so the answer to the first part of your question is "yes".

Rats and mice live in the same types of habitat - but not side by side sharing living quarters. Some types of rats live in trees but as far as I am aware, we don't get them here
Mucky Cluckers – Tales from the chicken run. "An hilarious read" "Cried with laughter" "A really good read, I couldn't put it down". Buy this paperback from www.muckycluckers.co.uk

I'm Trish Colton on FB DTL
ock

Post by ock »

yep, rats eat mice )eat(

they aren`t meant to live in the same place at the same time though, because the mice will be gobbled up, but in my shed there was fresh mice and rat poo, I think they will live in the same place at the same time but the mice will keep well out of the rats way )t' )t'
[center]OCK LIKES TO PARTY !!!![/center]
fishpond
Legendary Laner

Post by fishpond »

paddy graham wrote:A question asked on another forum that I visit but no-one has come up with a definate answer.Do rats eat mice?And do rats and mice live in the same area?

Hi Paddy
It would be unusual to have rats, with mice in the near vicinity, as ratty loves a mouse or 2 for a tasty snack. )eat(
Hope this helps. :-D
No problem can withstand the power of continuous thought.