Different birds that have visited our place

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Different birds that have visited our place

Post by Gwenoakes »

Magpies, Dunnocks, Swallows, Wrens nesting in eave line of outhouse, Blackbirds, Mistle Thrush (nest in conifer with 1 egg in), Wrens, Crows, Wood pigeons, Doves, Collared Doves, Ordinary pigeons, sorry dont know what they are called, Yellow Hammers, Blue Tits, Great Tits, Wagtails, Red Kites, Buzzard, Eagrits (sp), Heron, Chaffinch, Bullfinch, Kestrels nesting in large tree in paddock, Green Woodpeckers, Little owl, Barn Owl.

We also see badgers, foxes and deer roaming round.

It was only after thinking this morning when going shopping, why I dont know, that I suddenly realised that I do not appreciate these birds at all, in fact they seem to be that common round here that most of the time I dont even see them, if you know what I mean.
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Re: Different birds that have visited our place

Post by Lillia »

Just the fact that you're mentioning all the different kinds makes me think you do have an appreciation. I'm sure you would notice and miss them if they weren't there :-D You're lucky to have that amount of wildlife...we have counted 4-5 different kinds of birds that we see daily, in our garden.
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Your garden must be a haven Gwen . We used to see at least twice as many different species of birds than we do nowadays, they do seem put off by the hens, even though the feeders are in our bit of the garden but even before we had the hens , I had noticed a dropping off ,of the varieties.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I suppose thinking about it, I do notice them, otherwise wouldnt have been able to recollect them all, but I do obviously seem to take them for granted too. I am going to make an effort to take more notice in future. )t'

We also have sparrows now too, seem to have come back this year along with the starlings.

I did notice the little wren struggling with some moss the other week. She picked up this huge lump from the floor, got up to the window sill basket, then up onto the guttering.......then dropped it all, bless her. Not to be deterred though she started the whole process over again. Have to admit I would have to give her 11/10 for effort on that day.