What feisty little birds

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

What feisty little birds

Post by Grannyof4 »

I love my swallows, even if it makes using my outside loo dangerous as they nest in there. Just been watching 2 of them having a go at a crow. He was sitting on the cables at the back minding his own business and they just kept dive bombing him till he left.
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Re: What feisty little birds

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

I remember staying in a friend's cottage once, and there were swallows nesting in the front porch - I used to get dive-bombed every time I walked in! They are a beautiful sight though.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I can never tell the difference between swallows and house martins. I do like them though.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

They take on our cats and dog every year. They all run across the courtyard or stick close to the barns and walls hoping they wont be dive bombed. LOL