Seagulls (and more) at Cricket

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Seagulls (and more) at Cricket

Post by Richard »

Canterbury today, couldn't get them all in to one photo or you wouldn't see them, probably another 30 or so!

[center]Image[/center]

When Australia played England Lions at Canterbury a few years ago, a batsman was bowled out, scattered the stumps and a seagull came down and took one of the bails!

Couldn't find the video of it, but there's a picture here..
http://hispirits.blogspot.co.uk/2009/08/souvenir-seeking-seagull-at-australia.html

Little terrors !!

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Mrs B

Re: Seagulls and Cricket

Post by Mrs B »

Oh dear I hope the players don't end up covered in gull poop, rather you than me with cleaning that lot up Richard
Richard

Post by Richard »

The Groundstaff hoover it up with the Lawnmower Mrs.B !!

When the game is on, just a case of 'keep calm and carry on'!

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

It's amazing how brave they are, it's like they're saying 'you carry on with your game and we'll carry on with our pecking!' :-D
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Awwww...how sweet! I really love it when wildlife is totally at ease with humanity! :-D
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Richard

Post by Richard »

I agree Helen, the fact there were over 4,000 spectators as well !!

I think they may be attracted by the fact that top class Cricket pitches are laid on sand, don't know for a fact, a guess. They aren't anywhere else around the Ground's vicinity.

Saying that, although I'm 13 miles from the coast here in Ashford, they are always on the fields around the House. They never bother us though, just stick to the fields. Noisy sometimes, but that's what seagulls do so well !

The Cricket Ground has a bounty of wildlife (and lost dogs :-D ), all the Stands have House Martins nesting under the Guttering, they are a joy to watch.
Foxes roam accross the Pitch late evening.

Then there was this little fella hiding under the Advertising Boards a few weeks back..

[center]Image[/center]

None of them doing any harm, as you say, it's nice when we share with nature.

:-D :-D
Sara

Post by Sara »

Awww how lovely Richard {hug}
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thats a lot of gulls, Richard. Do you ever get crows coming onto the pitch? The reason I ask is that we have literally dozens of them coming down onto the horses fields. Sometimes it looks almost black there are that many.

Dont know if anyone remembers the film from years ago, think it was called, 'The Birds', or something similar. When I see/hear the crows it always reminds me of that film. They make one hell of a racket.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

What a lovely photo {hug} we have a little brown mouse who visits our rabbits at the top of our garden, the kids have called him mickey. As you say sharing with nature is a real privilege to be enjoyed.
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Richard

Post by Richard »

This old boy drew my attention at Cricket today..

[center]Image[/center]

:-D :-D
p.penn

Re: Seagulls (and more) at Cricket

Post by p.penn »

Awwww! That's one cute dog! I can just imagine taking Bailey to the cricket -as soon as the ball was lobbed (technical term there for you Richard!) the photo would be of me being dragged across the pitch!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com