Is it a rat?

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
Mrs B

Is it a rat?

Post by Mrs B »

We had visitor in the garden today, he was very tame and allowed Beerless to get a good close up of him.

The feet are very rat like but the creature is really tiny and round where rats tend to be long also the tail was not moving around much and rats tend to flex their tails a lot.

Please will someone tell me what the visitor is
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Re: Is it a rat?

Post by MissEllie »

He is gorgeous! I'd say he's a fieldmouse but looks like a baby to me. We have a wee mouse (called mikey) who is very similar and lives under our shed.
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

I think you are right Ellie, just been looking at some images online )t' .

I hope twit and twoo don't get him tonight {cry} just in case he is lost we have piled up some stones and stuffed some straw in the cavity to make him a holiday home.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

He/she is cute. Just asking - if I come and sit in your garden and wash my face with my hands will you build me a holiday home, pretty please? Could do with a holiday. LOL
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

lol of course you can Gwen, you can have the summer house.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

My hubby had to look at the photo before I did to tell me whether a rat, obviously its a little mousey and I can just about cope with that. Yes I know I am a real wimp.
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

You would have died of fright if you had seen DD's pet rats a few years ago Mrs Boodles, she bought two females but one had babies so we ended up with lots of ratties.

Pet rats are incredible and very social.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Summer house it is then, just PM me your address. )t'

Clare had rats too and I absolutely hated them to start with. She brought the first one home and put it on my shoulder, I was absolutely petrified. Then I grew to love him mainly because he was incredibly intelligent and two because she named him Rambo. LOL He used to get out his cage in the morning and follow her along the landing to the bathroom where he would sit on one of the shelves and as Clare washed he would wash too, then he would climb downstairs and sit on her shoulder while she had her breakfast and got ready for school. He was really lovely and soooo cheeky. He would do anything for a lick of a bon bon, strawberry flavour being his favourite. LOL
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

I have heard people say ferrets are like rats THEY ARE NOT {rofwl}. My niece had pet rats, she used to bath them have them out running round etc, yike* niece took pity on me when I visited and kept them in cage. Total freak out if I had one put on my shoulder yike* yike*
ock

Post by ock »

I`ve looked it up in my observer book of woodland creatures, what we have here ladies is an otter, a very small plump otter, a male I would think by the lenght of his fingers, if you see him again you could try feeding him some kippers, this is probably their bestest fav food )eat( , you could try catching him and keeping him in your bra until you phone a local zoo who will gladly take him off your hands, hope this has been of some help )t'

fieldmouse indeed >dowhat<
[center]OCK LIKES TO PARTY !!!![/center]
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Ock I don't believe you.

In answer to your question, It cannot be determined until you specify the meeting place.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Ock - {rofwl} think you maybe need a new woodland creatures book {rofwl}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
chookmike
Longlasting Laner

Post by chookmike »

Harvest mouse?