Caterpillars

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Caterpillars

Post by jemberelli »

As I was reversing out of the drive I saw something attached to the hedge. At first glance it looked like a spider web with rubbish caught up in it. On closer inspection, it was covered in caterpillars - any clues? Is this some sort of day nursery set up by a moth/butterfly?!

No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Caterpillars

Post by Gwenoakes »

I havent a clue, Jem but on first glance it looks like a hedgehog to me. {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}

Just ignore me, I am having 'one of those days'. LOL
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

They look peacock butterfly caterpillars, usually on nettles though, were there any
nearby?
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

There are masses of nettles everywhere! Thanks for that Kitla, nice to know what they are )t'
Gwen, I'm saying nothing - will just send big {hug} {hug} !
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell