So sad

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
sandy
Legendary Laner

So sad

Post by sandy »

Hedgehogs were in abundance in our garden many years ago, it is such a shame the first one I have seen locally in almost 20 years was friday by our mall, obviously run over. They have taken away acres of wild land and the local airport to build thousands of houses so I expect this is where they have all been living but sadly not for much longer
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Re: So sad

Post by jannie »

That is sad Sandy. The only one I have seen this year was on the road {cry} but I know they are about as I've seen their droppings regularly. Just too exhausted with the new dog and grandkids to stay up late to watch for them. ~eep~

As you know they are in your area perhaps you could construct some hog houses and put out some meaty dog food in safe areas. They travel miles in a night and are not territorial so will move to where the food is. {hog}
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Unfortunately the area is the main dual carriageway to a mall and cinema and food complex with no entry beyond {cry}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

The future is not bright in some areas is it.

We can only do what we can do - and I'm sure all Forum Members will.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome