Lindas Hedehog Visits

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Lindas Hedehog Visits

Post by Linda S »

A couple of weeks ago today we had hog in our garden and decided to see if we had anymore visits in the two weeks following {hog} .

Visit number one was about 10.30 pm our dogs were out and the door was open because it was so warm.
The dogs started to whine and barked.
Our Jo saw our cat in the ginnel between ours and next doors garden and then she saw the hog, it had come from the street at the front and was facing as if to come into the back gardens.

By the time I had got up and to the back door he had turned round and legged it back down the tunnel we have gates front and back and I wouldnt have thought the gap on the front was big enough to let them through but it was.
We didnt want him to run out onto the road so we got some gloves and our Jo put him safely on our grass to go about his business.

The second visit was several days later and a little earlier on in the evening again the dogs were out in the cool and the door was open.
Our westie bagan to bark how she does when they play, hubby went to tell her to be quirt it bring late and saw that they were both nosing something on the grass.
He went to see and saw the hedgehog curled into a ball, we sent the dogs in and got him some cat food which he ate dome of and water much to our cats digust I might add.

We have a gate on to the grass wich we close on a night cause I have a fear of the dogs getting slugs on them and fetching them in but they can sometimes get through it.
Its only because of the dogs that we know they are there and we wondered if it could be the same one, if not they were both good sized probably full grown adults although I don t know how big they get.

We feel very lucky that we get them and in past summers we usually have a few sightings
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Re: Lindas Hedehog Visits

Post by fabindia »

Lovely post Linda.

Not seen any hedgehogs in our garden this year.
Michael
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Our prickly visitor is in our garden as I write this :-D . {hog}

He was right outsie our back door. Hubby had just gone to the girls hut cause I had left my phone and he wasnt there then so he must havecome through our gate from the ginnel as we thought before {hog} .

We have put some cat food and water out for him and our cats are sniffing but not trying to hurt him, once agsin it was the doga that brought him to our attention.

Hubby has just watched him sqeeze the a gap of no more than 3inches he took his time but got through again a god size, hubby said he felt heavy when he put him on the grass.
He hasnt eaten any cat food but the is a lot of slugs and snails and even frogs from our neighbours very overgrown garden {hog} .

Thanks for doing this thread Richard and Jannie im really enjoying logging down when we see them and they must be around when we dont.
A friend of ours has got an allotment and she gets a lot in there. {hog} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us Linda, it's always a special feeling when you see them isn't it. {hog} )t' )piicy(

I agree they are definitely around when we don't see them, I see plenty of hedgehog poo when I'm out with the dogs first thing in the mornings but I'm in bed before they're out these days. I'm having a week off from the grandkids next week so I've promised myself some hedgehog watching time. >fi<
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Great story Linda.

Richard )t' )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome