Young Toad (pic) visited

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Young Toad (pic) visited

Post by Richard »

Sitting there having a cup of Coffee an hour ago and this youngster ambled past my feet.

I'm so so lucky to have so many creatures visiting and / or taking up residence this year...

[center]Image[/center]

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
tosca100
Lively Laner

Re: Young Toad (pic) visited

Post by tosca100 »

Your garden is getting to be a wildlife haven Richard. We have lots of toads too, but not enough to keep the insects at bay this year, they've been awful over here.
Because my memory is not brilliant......http://debrazzaman.blogspot.com/
animartco
Lively Laner

Post by animartco »

I haven't seen any toads this year. But today I was tidying along the hedge and down to the verge with the shears, and suddenly saw a tiny baby slow worm lying under the grass I'd just cut, It wasn't moving and its front half was hidden so I thought 'Oh No!'. But I touched it and it slid away happily. What a relief! I haven't seen such a small baby for decades! ( about 4 inches) It was still almost white with a black stripe down the back. I think they are that colour as a copycat defence mechanism because they look a bit like adders.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Well missed !!

I've only seen one slow worm this year. As luck would have it, one of the few occasions I didn't have the camera with me!

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome