Buying Peanuts for Wild Birds

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Buying Peanuts for Wild Birds

Post by Richard »

I get through a bit more than 25kg of Peanuts through Winter, so buying it in a cost effective way is quite essential.

I get mine from GJW Titmuss and ordered a 25kg bag on Sunday night > free delivery and it arrived Tuesday morning (you can give special instructions if you're going to be out and track the order through Yodel).

The cost was £29.99.

Having a look round local shops I found the cheapest was £2.50 for 1kg - pro-rata, for 25kg buying it this way would be £62.50 !!

So if you're forever buying small bags of Nuts for your birds - this may be of help.

You can see the Peanuts and full range of Wild Bird plus other Pet products from Titmuss by clicking the banner immediately below this post (and yes, I get a wee bit of commission :-D )

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: Buying Peanuts for Wild Birds

Post by albertajune »

Thanks for the tip for buying Richard. We go through lots of peanuts as the squirrels take them as well as the birds. We have tried squirrel deterrent feeders but they don't seem to work. It will be interesting to see what else Titmuss sell.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: Buying Peanuts for Wild Birds

Post by Richard »

On Squirrel proof, compare Titmuss with Wild Bird (link below latest post) and Amazon of course.

The Squirrels haven't arrived yet, they're all opposite hammering the Hazelnuts, Chestnuts and more.

To coin the phrase They'll be back' )t'

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome