One of my Hedgehog Houses has a resident !!!

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

One of my Hedgehog Houses has a resident !!!

Post by Richard »

I am absolutely cock-a-hoop.

I went around my various DIY Wildlife Houses this morning, opened the lid of the Hoggy House under the Laurel and thought there was a lot more leaves and bits in there than last time.

I gently lifted the top leaves expecting a Rat to leap out and there was a Hedgehog fast asleep.

They're not supposed to hibernate til November so unsure if it's just an overnighter, but very packed in and the doorway blocked off.

So pleased, I've made a few things and as there are so many more natural places for wildlife around thought it was just one of those nice exercises.

[center]Image[/center]

Richard {hog} {hog} {hog}
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: One of my Hedgehog Houses has a resident !!!

Post by Mo »

)like(
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Hope he/she stays Richard. We had a hedgehog on the yard last night, but no sign of it in the garden this morning. My neighbour has a very large pampas grass in her garden, which has been home to a mum and babies. We now have a pampas grass in our front garden, but don't think it will be big enough yet to be a nesting place.
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

My hedgehog is still wandering around the garden {hog} I thought he would have been in bed now until nxt year. We have an old kennel with straw in
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Lovely Stace.

)like(

I think this weekends cold weather will see him or her off to bed.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome