Garden Webcams

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Garden Webcams

Post by KathJ »

Does anyone have camera's in their garden's to capture the nocturnal activity? We've been thinking of getting a couple but we're not brilliant at technology (it always ends up being my job as being slightly better at it that the OH!!) and wondered how difficult it is to get it set up to watch via phone or iPad. And what sort of cost would we be looking at?
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: Garden Webcams

Post by kitla »

I cant comment on webcams, but I have an Acorn 6210 trail camera which I put in different spots in the garden, or chicken run. It has a sensor triggered by movement & can be set to take photos, video or both, or timelapse. It can connect to a phone/tablet but I've not tried that - I like the surprise of seeing what's on it in the morning!
I think it cost about £130 plus a bunch of rechargable batteries.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
HedgeHugger
Legendary Laner

Post by HedgeHugger »

We have the same one.
Can take a ton of batteries! but rechargeables make that less costly in the long run. Not complicated to set up.
We have ours on a tripod so easy to move around and pop where you want.

I've read good things about Aldl and Ldii trail cams, they get them in a couple of times a year usually.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I have the same also, does the job.

The secret is to point the camera slightly off centre to the subject you want to focus on as the middle of the video can be a little bright sometimes.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

Thanks everyone, I'll have a look round!
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx