Pictures from our bird board.

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
Bodger
Learner Laner

Pictures from our bird board.

Post by Bodger »

We've not really had a bad winter this year but it has seen some colder weather than we've had in recent years. I've enjoyed having what has been the closest thing to a real season in years and its had the effect of sending birds flocking to our gardens.

This winter saw one or two rare visitors drop in on us, the most notable being a solitary waxwing and a redwing.
We've also been lucky enough to have five species of finch in the garden at the same time. These were siskins, goldfinches, greenfinches, bullfinches and chaffinches. The birds have given us countless hours of enjoyment this year.

Here are a few images that we managed to catch. I hope you enjoy them.

A siskin c oc k.

One of our two robins.

A siskin hen and a greenfinch.

A pied wagtail.

a blue tit.

" Don't look now, but there's someone watching us"

Since taking these pictures, we've been fortunate enough to add two more finch species to our list and have had linnets and redpolls coming to the table.
The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it. http://www.overthegate.co.uk
manda

Re: Pictures from our bird board.

Post by manda »

Great pics there bodger )t'
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

What fantastic photos, I love watching the birds that come to my table, it is just outside my bedroom window so I can lay in bed watching them. I only see the more usual ones though - blue, great and coal tits, robins, greenfinches, occasional chaffinch, sparrows and blackbirds. Never managed to photograph them....
wendy

Post by wendy »

Beautiful. I love birds.
I also get loads of different varieties even though I am right on top of London.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
mellonia
Longlasting Laner

Post by mellonia »

Hi Bodger

they are fab pictures how lucky are you have such lovely birds visit your table.

Really nice, thanks for sharing them

regards

Mellonia
money talks but all mine ever says is goodbye
kdoc
Lively Laner

Post by kdoc »

Fab pictures I could sit for hours watching birds coming in and out.Our Robin has nested in a plantpot in my outhouse and babes are feeding well.I turn the soil over for her and in mum comes.
Karen
wilma
Lively Laner

Post by wilma »

great pics
we too are fortunate to have lots of birds visiting our garden and the first blue tits have just fledged )c(