I love Goldcrests !

Creatures mainly outside of our Gardens; Land, Water and Sea
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

I love Goldcrests !

Post by Richard »

I love Goldcrests, when you can actually see one staying still for more thn two seconds !

Today I went to visit my Brother in Sevenoaks so spent a bit of time in the Nature Reserve there.

[center]Image

Image[/center]

Lucky for me there was one in the right place at the right time
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Re: I love Goldcrests !

Post by Spreckly »

Love your bird photos, Richard, both on here and Facebook, which I don't know how to respond to!

Spent a long time at my stepdaughter's in Wales trying to spot the goldcrest, left without seeing it. Never seen a green woodpecker either.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: I love Goldcrests !

Post by Richard »

It's the luck of the drawer with them spreckers, plus being Europe's smallest bird !!

The first time I saw them to photograph was at the BTO Reserve next to RSPB at Dungeness. Someone there told me where they hang out - also, they were ringing them, so got a close up of the Manager there holding one.

The photos above were also lucky. There was a very noisy Robin in a bush, I looked closer and saw this wee thing flittering between the twigs.
At first I thought it was a Wren but kept my eyes on it.

I have a Green Woodpecker in the Garden almost every day.....very blessed.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome