Nightingale

Creatures mainly outside of our Gardens; Land, Water and Sea
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Nightingale

Post by Richard »

I went along to a Wood a few miles away today with the purpose of taking a picture of a Nightingale, one of the few places dedicated to attracting this wonderful bird now on the RSPB Red List.

Luckily, with the leaf getting more and more, I got a photo.

[center]Image[/center]

Beautiful song going on.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: Nightingale

Post by kitla »

lovely photo Richard. 10 years ago my dad took me walking in their local wood to listen to the nightingales there, it was very special hearing them for the first time, I wonder if they're still there.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

I have just read one of Monica Edward's books about badgers and the wildlife at Punchbowl Farm. In the 1970's she remarks that nightingales are becoming scarce. I've never knowingly seen or heard one.

Thanks for sharing the photo, Richard.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

On the recent warm mornings I have been taking my early cup of coffee to the seat outside in the garden . I have done this to listen to the beautiful varied song of a bird who I have been told is a nightingale. Over the last couple days he seems to have gone again and I do miss him and his beautiful melody.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.