Stoats

Creatures mainly outside of our Gardens; Land, Water and Sea
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Stoats

Post by Trev62 »

We were stopped in our tracks today when out walking the dogs this morning by a stoat, it was no more than 30 feet from us happily playing around in the undergrowth and jumping over dead branches, at one point it even came running towards us, stood up and seemed to be watching us as we were watching him.

It reminded me of the many times I spent sat watching stoats chase about and play at a place called St Martins Church in Lowthorpe, fascinating little creatures.

We have often seen there footprints in the mud or snow so it was lovely to finally actually see one and spend time observing it.
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: Stoats

Post by Richard »

Only just seen this.

They are great !!

I saw my first one at Dungeness a few weeks back, posed for a moment or two, then skipped off !!

[center]Image[/center]

[center]Image[/center]

I see the occasional Weasel in the back garden here.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Did you know that in Ireland they only have stoats, but (some) call them weasels.
I've only seen a live stoat once. On my bike (pushing it up a hill), saw a flash of movement on the road below the one I was on. A stoat had just killed a rabbit, it dashed away when it saw me, but came back and carried it off. Quite a sight.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I have seen loads of stoats whilst out driving around the country lanes. Always fleeting glances as they run across the road.
Bah Humbug
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

Richard - Lovely pictures )like(
"Not all those who wander are lost"