suffering horses at Fosse park

Bantams, Turkeys, Pigs, Sheep and whatever
kitla
Legendary Laner

suffering horses at Fosse park

Post by kitla »

I was linked this through facebook, what an awful situation, those poor horses.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-the ... 8828693901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I shall follow this to see what happens & may donate to the rescue that takes them
in. I sincerely hope the owners will end up being prosecuted, though I'm guessing
they belong to a certain ethnic group that live in caravans & move a lot.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: suffering horses at Fosse park

Post by kitla »

There is now a petition set up for a change in the law to protect horses from neglect.
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/60985" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The RSPCA claim its powerless to act to save these horses as "no law has been
broken", I'm not sure if that would be the case if dead and dying horses were found
in a field or stables belonging to an average home owning citizen! the owner doesn't care as they are destined for the meat market (I wondered why these people keep so many horses, now I know!)
During last year's floods a friend of mine came across some similar horses stranded
in a flooded field & reported it as she was afraid for them - nothing was done, its
probably a common problem & the authorities are unable to deal with it.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

It is terribly sad {cry}

Sadly, I don't think this is an isolated case, it seems to be happening more and more frequently all around the country. We have a similar situation close to where I live and the RSPCA have been useless }hairout{

Petition signed )t'
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I have signed the petition, CIWF just emailed me to sign a petition for the cruelty to horses in Ireland where the police wont do anything because they are scared of the travellers! I keep up with the International horse welfare as the treatment of horses in Rome is heart breaking }hairout{
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
ChookieBirdie
Lively Laner

Post by ChookieBirdie »

)t' Signed.

{mr.angry} Horses are being dumped all over the country at the moment. It's just an awful situation. All the rescues are full to bursting and there are still loads more that need help. Can these people who cause this suffering feel empathy for anything.

>fi< Lets hope these poor horses, ponies and donkeys get some kind of intervention an receive the care they need.
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

It seems the Fosse Park group are also publicising another case
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-w ... es-6810697" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.facebook.com/ddrydwy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is a breeder who has allowed horses to starve to death, yet is still allowed to
keep horses & not being prosecuted. I don't understand how our welfare laws don't
cover this?! Anyway a change in the law to protect horses is what the e-petition & the rally next month are about so spread the word, the more people sign it the more clout
it will have.
--Immanuel Kant
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Havent heard of the ones at Fosse park but apparently there is uproar about the ones at Anglesey. From what I can gather people were giving feed/bedding etc but have now stopped, not sure why.

I know from being on another forum that there have been lots of offers of help, some of which were to re-home them and as yet no one has been allowed to.