vegexchange

Gardening to 'grow your own food' from square foot to half an acre !!
Mo
Legendary Laner

vegexchange

Post by Mo »

While googling for something else I came across the Veg Exchange
I can't decide if it's a good idea for me or not. I've got loads of apples that are going to waste (but mostly the imperfect ones that won't keep). But do I want my address on a pin on a map for all to see?
Anyway I joined and looked to see what was on offer from other members, - assorted veg in Nottingham, courgettes in Swindon, so either other people have the same reservations, or they've not been going long.
James
Lively Laner

Post by James »

Hi,

Yes it is a new site, going since July this year. Still being developed, and we have not started marketing it properly yet, though we are starting to get going.

Great to see someone has found it on this forum.

There is a page where you can move the pin by hand to be near your home or just down the road if you are nervous about someone seeing where you live exactly. The only really important thing I guess is to show the locality, so people might be able to find someone nearby.

Will see how it goes - i thought it seemed like a good enough idea to give a try - but who knows!
Exchanging home grown fruit and vegetables
http://www.VegExchange.com
TassieDev
Longlasting Laner

Post by TassieDev »

Great idea!
I take it that it's only for people in the UK?
I had a look at the website, but it didn't specifically say .... well not the parts I read ....
James
Lively Laner

Post by James »

Hi there,

The map covers the whole world, so it can work anywhere. If you add your location, then the main map will be centred on that point, where ever in the world.

It probably needs a critical mass of people in each area before it starts working well enough to encourage trading, but there is some potential i think
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

The person, who I assume runs it, joined the forum a couple of weeks ago (aptly named 'vegexchange')., but hasn't posted.

I wasn't sure if it was just a link registration.

Let's hope they come back and answer questions.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
James
Lively Laner

Post by James »

Richard,

That is me. It took a while for your confirmation email to arrive, I assumed I had typed in the wrong email or something, so I signed in again.

Glad to answer any questions on the site.

James
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Great stuff James - I'm sure some of our members will be very keen to hear how it all works.

Good for you for doing it. A man of enterprise !!

We'll leave the other one in for now.

Cheers, Richard

(Maybe someone can start a thread up in the Garden Category if they feel it would benefit?).
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome