Lost the Plot!!

Gardening to 'grow your own food' from square foot to half an acre !!
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Lost the Plot!!

Post by Richard »

Jill
Hello All
I've lost the plot - the allotment that is, although other half says I lost the plot along time ago!
I was served with an eviction notice as my grass was overgrown. It's my own fault as I had been concentrating my efforts on only one side of the plot so the other side got out of hand. As there was a waiting list for plots, I got the boot.
I was really upset at first, but every cloud has a silver lining, and it really was becoming a chore rather than a pleasure.
I have recently slipped a disc so other half says he will build me really high raised beds in the garden. It just means having to re-landscape the garden and getting rid of some shrubs.
And now I don't have to buy/build a shed for the hens I want to get as the year old shed down the lottie will become a hen hotel.
It will be better than the allotment as everything will be just outside the backdoor and no more allotment politics.

Wendy
every cloud has a silver lining. LOL
Will you be getting ex battery hens Jill?
Mine are, and they are so lovely now compared to how 'oven ready' they were when I got them. They lay for England, bless them.
Wendy

mikeyhgc
we had been toying with the idea of an allotment, but given the grief I get with slugs in our 3 small vegs patches in the garden and the politics that I've heard so much about, we decided against it.