Septic tank

Gardening to 'grow your own food' from square foot to half an acre !!
misty
Legendary Laner

Septic tank

Post by misty »

Well I am getting really peed off! Our septic tank tails run through the middle of our veggie patch and they are not working properly. This means I can't plant anything until I get it fixed and get the soil tested.. o/h just hasn't got time to dig it all up himself and getting some body to so it is like finding a needle in a haystack! So it's lettuce and tomatoes in the borders.
Rob_h
Lively Laner

Post by Rob_h »

What a pain - just had a very old septic tank taken out and a water treatment system put in. Major upheaval and disruption.
Lo
Lively Laner

Post by Lo »

Rob what does a "water treatment system" entail. Our septic tank soakaway is failing but we do not have enough room to place these somewhere else and not sure what to do.

Lo
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

You should really gen up on the net about a water treatment system. They are quite expensive so you need to make sure you get your monies worth. We have a friend who got a state of the art system and it costs a fortune to run (compared to a tank) and still doesn't work properly.

We are going to hire a mini digger, dig some trenches, find the pipes and give them a good old flush. We are on clay and it could be that we need to dig another soak away. We may also put some more pipes in.

Would be interested to hear rob's experience.