HFW on telly

Gardening to 'grow your own food' from square foot to half an acre !!
saint-spoon

HFW on telly

Post by saint-spoon »

I was looking for a thread about Hugh’s new series but couldn’t find one so thought that I’d start one. Actually I was going to put a comment on the bee keeping thread as he was moving his bees this week and they had a chap from London who kept urban bees.

So any views about his latest endeavor, I know that there will undoubtedly be some who are offended by the vegetarian butcher thing and those who’ll love the concept so what do you all think? Personally I think that it’s great although I preferred the less industrial sized HFW back in the days when he was one man and his garden (but I don’t think for a minute that he actually did everything al on his own).
)t'
Bah Humbug
Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

\I've recorded them, havent had time to watch them yet. OOOoo Bees!!!!!
Now, guess what I'm going to be watching later?!
My Websites; http://www.tranquillitytherapies.co.uk
chickenchaser
Legendary Laner

Post by chickenchaser »

I think he's great. He completely changed the way I eat from watching his earlier programmes. I don't agree with everything he does(do we really need to eat squirrels?) :cry: but I haven't eaten a non free-range chicken or egg for years because of him.

I do worry for the animals in the city, though. What if a load of yobs decide to visit?

Also,what a nice bloke. I'll never forget his tears when he had to kill yet another chicken on his Chicken Run experiment.

Go Hugh )t'
Jackie xx
mellonia
Longlasting Laner

Post by mellonia »

Hi
I think the fearnley whittingstall is the best, he is the reason i got my chooks, bless him i can't get enough of River cottage all of them are excellent.

I know that he is big business, but he has done such a lot of good work to educate people and given great advice, to everyone interested in growing there own and living seasonally. I don't mind him becoming all corporate, it was inevitable. I can't speak highly enough of him.

Mellonia
money talks but all mine ever says is goodbye
lou
Legendary Laner

Post by lou »

Me too, i love him! I think thats the way we should all live or at least know someone to get our produce/meat from.
I missed last nights, will watch on more4 tonight, there is a bit on people who rescue battery hens.
"Happiness is making the most of what you have."
Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

I just LURVE the music in this series! Anyone know who it is??
My Websites; http://www.tranquillitytherapies.co.uk