Mushroom in the lawn problem

Gardening to 'grow your own food' from square foot to half an acre !!
carenb
Learner Laner

Mushroom in the lawn problem

Post by carenb »

Hi, I have 4 chickens in an outdoor pen, and a large lawnd area which the free range in when I am at home.

However, recently (nothing to do with the chickens ) I have noticed more and more mushrooms in the lawn. The chickens don't seem to be interested in them (damn!) but I want rid. Any suggestions ? I am not organic, but have two toddlers and don't want to put them or the chickens in the line of harm.

Obviously the mushrooms go when the lawn is mowed, but more seem to appear as the grass grows again. If I had a clue about te thousands of fungus, I would pick to eat, but I don't know anything at all about them. Could get photos if that helps.

Any suggestions greatfully received.
Caren.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I think chickenofthewoods would be the best person to answer this, sorry, I can't help you :cry:

Ilona
chickenofthewoods
Learner Laner

Post by chickenofthewoods »

I'll need to see a couple of good clear photographs if you can get some. Take one as close as you can of the fungi in situ, and then one of underneath the cap (so that I can have a squizz at the shape of the gills).

A rough estimate of their size, colour and details like whether they are in a ring formation or not would also help.

Most likely to be fairy ring champignons if they're on your lawn, but until I see a pic that's just shot in the dark.