Seed Exchange

Gardening to 'grow your own food' from square foot to half an acre !!
OldForum
Lively Laner

Seed Exchange

Post by OldForum »

Gill (Australia)
I am on many forums and love the idea of seed exchanges. People just put on what seeds they have to offer and things go from there :-}

Imp
Although this post was made a while ago I like the sound of this Richard
BTW: Cool site, I found it via the acountrylife.com site. Very informative. Keep it up fellow Kentish person

Allotment Lady
I think that a seed exchange would be a brilliant idea. I am drying some climbing french beans called Cherokee Trail of Tears. I give some away each year (well last year was my first time growing them) I gave them away to a number of friends and every single one was thrilled with them, as was I. They are the best bean I have seen and so easy to grow. I figured if the Cherokees could grow them each time they were move on, then they would survive up my lottie when left to the elements.

I am just cutting up pumpkins so I can save Hokkaido seeds too. They are brilliant.

Any one else up for having a go. If the seeds don't grow it has only cost the price of a stamp after all.

lynn hc
I'd be up for a seed exchange. Is anyone else a member of HDRA Seed library? Very useful - I've had some great 'heritage seeds'.

lynn hc
OK - unless Richard would rather do it, I'm up for organising a seed exchange. I would suggest people list their spare seeds and then people can read the lists and make requests directly to the person who listed the seeds - either on site or by private email contact - whatever people prefer. I'll add my list in the next few days. Where would you like it posted, Richard?

Richard
So sorry for long delay - been a bit out of it lately with one or two probs.

However, a great idea.

What if I put a separate section in the forum ? Would that do the trick ?

Thanks, Richard

chilli50
hi. im interested in a seed and plant exchange if anyone else is. i like to grow veg. thanks

Mo
Antone in Cheshire fancy splitting a bag of latecrop spuds. Next year maybe earlies too, but they're all in now.

I meant anyone, of course.
If anyone local has raised any half hardy veg we have some shrub cuttings.

lynn
Hi there
did the seed exchange get going?