Blackberries are very early

Gardening to 'grow your own food' from square foot to half an acre !!
Teasal
Longlasting Laner

Blackberries are very early

Post by Teasal »

usually, round here, its late August, but I have been eating blackberries round the fields for the past two weeks. And another thing I have noticed, is that there is such a lot of blackberries as well. Is that a sign of a bad winter? I hope not.

My dogs have not noticed them yet, but when they do, they spend ages picking and eating them ....but only the ripe ones. How do dogs know which are ripe?!!!
chickentina
Legendary Laner

Post by chickentina »

Haven,t seen any around here yet(oxfordshire) but also haven,t been out much because of bloomin, weather xx
mum to five lovely children, nine gorgeous girls, two adorable cats a bouncey border collie pup and a patient loving hubby xxxxx
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

Went for a ride in the forest on Sunday and noticed they were ripe there but not in our fields or along the lanes. Our huge apple tree has so much fruit (it is always a good cropper) the lower branches are on the floor and we trimmed them well back last Winter. When (if) it ever stops raining will go and see what else is cropping.
heebiejeebie
Lively Laner

Post by heebiejeebie »

Oh bliss - one of my gardening clients said I can pick whatever is growing.

500g blackberries today :-D
There's no cure for stupidity.
jo68
Legendary Laner

Post by jo68 »

hi (f+ (f+ (f+

lots of blackberries around my area too, i even found some at the back of my garden i didnt know i had, not many so gave them to chickens
)eat( )eat( they loved them.

jo x