What a relief to get some planting done.

Gardening to 'grow your own food' from square foot to half an acre !!
fabindia
Legendary Laner

What a relief to get some planting done.

Post by fabindia »

It's still not that warm here in the North East but after the terrible start to spring, I started planting a few things in the potting shed and garden this weekend. What a relief, I was getting worried that before long Autumn would be here.
Michael
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: What a relief to get some planting done.

Post by Annie »

I think those of us in the North have a short enough growing season as it is, this year been reduced by another good 4 weeks I reckon.
Not doing so much gardening as it will only be the stuff in my back garden's little raised beds and pots this year and I have already decided to buy plants from nursery rather than raise my own from seed.
Like you though Micheal, I did make a start this weekend by digging over the two wee beds and sowing 10 seed tatties )t'
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: What a relief to get some planting done.

Post by Mo »

Twice as many as me, Annie. But it's a start and those first new spuds are the best. So now they can get growing. I put 5 Rocket in, and I've cleared some ground for the SHarp's Express. But the ground for the maincrop and the peas is still weedy.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire