The rhubarb is looking good

Gardening to 'grow your own food' from square foot to half an acre !!
fabindia
Legendary Laner

The rhubarb is looking good

Post by fabindia »

The weather is starting to pick up and hopefully things will catch up but on a positive note the rhubarb is looking good. We have already had some forced rhubarb but the rest of the patch is looking excellent.

I feel lots of rhubarb crumble coming our way :-D
Michael
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: The rhubarb is looking good

Post by Annie »

You are just trying to make me jealous {warn}
I had great rhubarb until the hens wrecked it with their scratching. Anyway got 2 new crowns a few weeks ago and they are doing well but I know that I musn't pull them this year so will just hav to watch it grow and salivate for rhubarb crumble. How do the supermarkets get away with charging £3 for 3 sticks is beyond me as once rhubarb starts it is so prolific >shrug< , they don't get my money anyway.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Mine is looking really good too - I am planning on starting my wine tomorrow or weds. )c( )c(
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

Annie wrote: How do the supermarkets get away with charging £3 for 3 sticks is beyond me

Rhubarb has become a luxury item. I am sure when I was a kid, everyone grew rhubarb in their back gardens. I guess people just don't have the inclination or the room today.
Michael
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

We went to lunch at my daughter's last week and were serve Rh crumble - she'd bought it at the local farm shop while I have been giving mine away at dance club!!! We have a clump at the corner of a bed, just where it catches all the rain that runs down the drive. OH thinks that's why it does so well.
Now she knows we've got plenty, so this weekend both she and her FIL came apicking.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire