Runner beans

Gardening to 'grow your own food' from square foot to half an acre !!
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Re: Runner beans

Post by billnorfolk »

davina112 wrote:Thanks guys
Maggie, I didn't mean I expected them to have grown down the pole overnight, rather would they still be pointing down or have got themselves pointing back up. They are still pointing down this morning )t'
Bill, these are the 6 plants we put in the PT just to see what happens, quite a few flowers now )t'
The outdoor ones are not as big, although they are starting to produce flowers.

Yes i remember ,sounds like the outside ones have recovered nicely. )t'
A leek in the hand,is worth 2 in the roof.

Bill's Diaries.....2012 2013 2014
mariat
Lively Laner

Post by mariat »

I now feel totally inadequate. My runners are till only about 5" high, and haven't even started climbing yet :oops:
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

mariat wrote:I now feel totally inadequate. My runners are till only about 5" high, and haven't even started climbing yet :oops:

Mine aren't that much better. But after the slow start, looks like summer is here at last. Hopefully, things will pick up.
Michael
manda

Post by manda »

billnorfolk wrote:Its a fact they do grow anti clockwise around a pole or support )t' but in Austrailia do they grow the other way round clockwise }hairout{ )w( .

Indeed they do...same as the water goes down the plughole the opposite way )grin2(
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

manda wrote:
billnorfolk wrote:Its a fact they do grow anti clockwise around a pole or support )t' but in Austrailia do they grow the other way round clockwise }hairout{ )w( .

Indeed they do...same as the water goes down the plughole the opposite way )grin2(

Well manda it is realy handy having someone down under ,thanks for that ,We have a nephew and his family who live just outside Wellington ,apart from the odd earthquake they love it. )t'

manda

Post by manda »

I know this is a bit off topic but
billnorfolk wrote:Well manda it is really handy having someone down under ,thanks for that ,We have a nephew and his family who live just outside Wellington ,apart from the odd earthquake they love it. )t'

We used to live in Tawa (just outside Wellington)...worked in the Hutt Valley...yes occasional rumble (although we moved to Christchurch 7 years ago ..with supposedly no major quakes and....!!!) it is a lovely city - I loved driving around the harbour every day to work ..never the same )t'
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

manda wrote:I know this is a bit off topic but
billnorfolk wrote:Well manda it is really handy having someone down under ,thanks for that ,We have a nephew and his family who live just outside Wellington ,apart from the odd earthquake they love it. )t'

We used to live in Tawa (just outside Wellington)...worked in the Hutt Valley...yes occasional rumble (although we moved to Christchurch 7 years ago ..with supposedly no major quakes and....!!!) it is a lovely city - I loved driving around the harbour every day to work ..never the same )t'

It is Ashburton where they live ,i think a smoke stack and a few roof tiles up to now but nothing major.I would also love the harbour ride ,i have a strong connection with the sea and ships and where ever they are still get a buzz )t'