Wet weather - harvested the onions

Gardening to 'grow your own food' from square foot to half an acre !!
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Wet weather - harvested the onions

Post by fabindia »

With the rain over the past couple of days, I noticed that the onions had taken a bit of a battering and some of the tops were starting to rot. So in I dug them all up yesterday and hung them in the shed. Nice little crop really that I didn't want to loose.

And today - the weather is absolutely lovely here in the North East and things are beginning to dry out again. You can't win as a gardener can you!
Michael
fishpond
Legendary Laner

Re: Wet weather - harvested the onions

Post by fishpond »

Take heart.
They were probably ready anyway.
No problem can withstand the power of continuous thought.
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Re: Wet weather - harvested the onions

Post by billnorfolk »

fabindia wrote:With the rain over the past couple of days, I noticed that the onions had taken a bit of a battering and some of the tops were starting to rot. So in I dug them all up yesterday and hung them in the shed. Nice little crop really that I didn't want to loose.

And today - the weather is absolutely lovely here in the North East and things are beginning to dry out again. You can't win as a gardener can you!

If the shed is warm and dry then its the best place for them ,drying slowly will help the flavour as you reduce the moisture in them as well . )t' Keep an eye open for green mildew and use any straight away that have it )t'
A leek in the hand,is worth 2 in the roof.

Bill's Diaries.....2012 2013 2014