Picked a few Aubergines yesterday

Gardening to 'grow your own food' from square foot to half an acre !!
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Picked a few Aubergines yesterday

Post by fabindia »

First time I have ever grown them. Had them in a vegetarian kedgeree with eggs from our own hens - dead chuffed.
Michael
manda

Re: Picked a few Aubergines yesterday

Post by manda »

Well done you :-D .....Were they difficult to grow?
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

manda wrote:Were they difficult to grow?

Not really, just grew them from seed not knowing what to expect really. Been in my plastic greenhouse as I assumed they need to be treated a bit like tomatoes but in fact it turns out they are very different.
Michael
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

fabindia wrote:Not really, just grew them from seed not knowing what to expect really. Been in my plastic greenhouse as I assumed they need to be treated a bit like tomatoes but in fact it turns out they are very different

Beginners luck )j;

sile} sorry, couldn't help it - for years I start aubergines off but they never come to anything. This year I have fruit set on 4 of the plants I grew ... to be honest, the chilli project took over so they got badly neglected, weren't potted on, and more often than not, were in the way and got kicked under the table a couple of times :oops: When they started to flower, I went through the motions of tapping the flowers but I wasn't expecting them to do anything and then one day spied a couple of fruit forming, isn't that typical LOL

I hope you enjoyed your aubergine and well done )t'
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

I have never managed it in 6 years .so well done to you )t'
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown