Oh yikes

Gardening to 'grow your own food' from square foot to half an acre !!
4 french hens
Longlasting Laner

Oh yikes

Post by 4 french hens »

Here in planet France it's saturday 4-10-08 at 0800.

Nasty shock this morning :-
went to let the ladies out and there is a considerable frost.
Thank goodnes they have a downy coat and puss has a skin tight grown to fit fur coat.

I suppose this will kill my courgette plants of, and my runner beans, (on their last legs growing next years seed anyway), the peppers and the batavia lettuce too!

On the plus side, the last two days have been windy and I've walked the lane collecting sackfulls of walnuts and cob nuts. We tend to sugar coat these (similar to Praline), and box them up for family at christmas. They never last the day! At least the sprouts will have some flavour now.

Time to hibernate as we are living in the garage, all be it well insulated and with all mod cons and a heater, reason for this is simple. We are building our new home and the garage is the only bit that is complete with a roof so far.

Mike
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
kdoc
Lively Laner

Post by kdoc »

Its a bit of a shock isn't it.Took little one to school yesterday and had a couple of minutes of snow before turning into sleet then rain.
Girls didn't look to impressed and didn't rush out for brekkies.
Karen
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sounds chilly. The weatherman said that we may have a ground frost last night but although it was blooming cold there was no frost on the ground when I went to let the chooks out.