50% off Seeds

Gardening to 'grow your own food' from square foot to half an acre !!
WhiteWolf
Learner Laner

50% off Seeds

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hi Everybody

Not sure if this is the best place for this, but thought people might want to know.

Jo Swift's Vegetable seeds website http://www.vegetableseeds.net/ is having a 50% off seeds sale until the end of August.

The service is quick, though someone in the picking department doesn't know his onions (but that's another story)

Their customer service is very good, wrong seeds (onions) sent but when informed we were told to keep the wrong seeds and the correct ones followed within two days with an extra free packet.

WW {hog}

P.S.
I have no link with the company, just thought some people may want to have a look see
Every day I live with fear,,,,, sometimes she lets me out to play
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: 50% off Seeds

Post by lancashire lass »

Lots of seed suppliers are having sales at the moment - now that most of the initial sowing season is over, people won't be buying fresh seed until next year so is a good opportunity for them to get rid of old seed (bear in mind that providing the seed remains in the vacuum packs unopened, most will remain fresh for a good couple of years after so worth checking out if you are planning next years gardening)

When shopping around various online sites, I look at their p&p first - sales are well and good, but if the shipping costs more than the seed, then not worth it. I discovered Seeds by Post this year when searching various sunflower varieties - they stock seeds from various other well known sites such as Unwins, Mr Fothergills and Thompson & Morgan so is nice to compare (including how much seed packed) Postage is free when spending over £5 which is good value and ... they currently have a sale on too.