How does your orchard grow?

Gardening to 'grow your own food' from square foot to half an acre !!
Mo
Legendary Laner

How does your orchard grow?

Post by Mo »

I had a wander round mine this afternoon. There seem to be plenty of pears and apple, the black Cherries are swelling nicely (shhh don't tell the blackbirds - no need, they always find them anyway). But not many plums. Will hardly need to thin.
Mind you I do have 3 Victoria trees (due to mislabelling) and plenty in the freezer in case of a bad year.
Rhubarb has done well and I've started on the gooseberries (needed thinning and I like an early pie).
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: How does your orchard grow?

Post by albertajune »

We have no room for apples and pears and like you am disappointed with the plum. On the good side, figs are doing well this year as are the soft fruits. Strawberries, various currants, and raspberries are going to be producing a bumper crop. )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

At the moment the pears, apples and cherries are looking plentiful but I'll until June drop before celebrating. Have to say that I haven't really noticed the plum tree so will make a point of looking properly
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

Expecting a bumper crop of Apples this year. My pears never seem to do well. Rhubarb is always excellent. Rhubarb, with a touch of stem ginger makes an excellent crumble. Love it.
Michael