The last of the tomatoes

Gardening to 'grow your own food' from square foot to half an acre !!
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

The last of the tomatoes

Post by Richard »

Hi

I ate the last of the tomatoes today, as in whole.

Needless to say have made chutneys, sauces etc for the freezer, but for a morning fry up, they've all gone!!

What are you doing with your tomatoes?

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Re: The last of the tomatoes

Post by KathJ »

I've got a tonne ( :? ) of little tomatoes in the freezer. Although they defrost mushy I love them with cheese on toast so that doesn't really matter and they'll still be OK to add to chilli or stews to bulk them out. They should last us all overwinter now )like(
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

I've had a bumper crop here, still have some green ones that are slowly ripening on my windowsill. I've made chutneys, tomato ketchup, slow roasted in jars of oil and frozen some puree for pastas and such. Plus we ate loads in salads (great in capri or greek salads) and I've been making lots of penne or gnocci alla sorrentina. Wish I had a bigger freezer and I would've frozen more puree. I've still got a panful in the fridge to do. )t'
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Bottled them.