Am I to late ?

Gardening to 'grow your own food' from square foot to half an acre !!
barkingmad
Lively Laner

Am I to late ?

Post by barkingmad »

Due to illness and some personal issues I'v only just started to sort out the garden.
For my safety I am growing everything in pots this year. But am I to late starting. I have tomatoes to start. >fi<
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Re: Am I to late ?

Post by Freeranger »

In general, things tend to catch up if you plant them late and you're lucky with the weather. Tomatoes are a bit temperamental, in my limited experience, so I personally would consider buying plantlings from a nursery. The growing season is a bit finite.You'd have to have a very warm and sunny spot to bring them on otherwise.

I hope you're all better and sorted now.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Re: Am I to late ?

Post by KarenE »

I think you'll be okay, as long as you have somewhere sunny & warm (inside) to give the seeds a shot. Garden centres usually end up selling off tomato plants later in the year anyway so if the seeds don't work you can always grab a few last minute young plants.

I would give it a go. It's still early spring )t'
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper