Veggie Christmas dinner option

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
melons
Legendary Laner

Veggie Christmas dinner option

Post by melons »

J.O PIE
A LOVELY VEGGIE DISH FOR CHRISTMAS DINNER.

I’ve had this in a ski chalet for Christmas dinner before, with a company called “SKI LA SOURCEâ€
Cheers
mel x
Tania
Lively Laner

Post by Tania »

Thanks for that Mel - will try it out soon. I've one veggie in the family who is also gluten-free but have just perfected GF pastry so an expanding my repertoire )t'
See my chickens HERE!!
New pictures, ex-batts added 4/11/07
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

Oh Tania my OH's sister is gluten free, if I offer her one more beer in her lifetime I think she'll scream, I just don't register where wheat goes :oops: I must drive her round the bend with "would you like a beer" her bread looks like polystyrene (not the singer)
nightmare.
Cheers
mel x
Tania
Lively Laner

Post by Tania »

I'm an avid reader of ingredients lists on manufactured foods. My OH is not only gluten free, but dairy free, legume free (the pea family) and no refined sugar.
Bread is a tricky one, but we've found a couple of makes of rolls that are good - the loaves are yuck. I have an acceptable recipe for bread that I make in the breadmaker.
My OH has Multiple Sclerosis and his diet has made a huge improvement to his condition which was deteriorating rapidly, prior to the diet. All that we'd hoped was that we could find something to slow the deterioration down, but he's actually much better now than he's been for about 5 years. So the hassle is more than outweighed by the benefits.
I mostly cook from scratch as I know there are no hidden ingredients and can adapt "normal" recipes with "allowed" substitutes.

It is amazing what they put wheat or wheat derivatives into - the same with milk.
See my chickens HERE!!
New pictures, ex-batts added 4/11/07
wendy

Post by wendy »

Hi Tania,
It must be a nightmare. But I firmly believe you are what you eat. It shows in the fact that your OH has improved so much. More power to you both.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

Oh Tania, that's a rotten disease, my dad had Motor neurone disease, which can have similar symptoms, they both are cruel all the same.
I agree with, you are what you eat, years ago we used to sell our goats milk to a girl in our village, she had alopecia, cured that, it also helped my sisters asthma no end, good organic all round remedy goats milk, if you can drink it without heaving sile}
Cheers
mel x
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

Looks lovely Mel - think I'll try it out myself!
Small steps lead to big changes
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

It is morph, but I end up eating 1/2 of it while I make it, & end up with a piddly little dinner, but then I'm already full by then having eaten most of it during the making process )eat(
Cheers
mel x