Your Christmas Day Menu's ?

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Mine is -

Breakfast - Smoked Salmon

Lunch - Shepherd Pie, Something with Marscarponi (silly amount of)

Evening - Don't know yet, probably Baked Beans on Toast!!

Inbetween - Bit of a gannet for scones (more marscarponi then!!).

Two things determine 1. My teeth and 2. I'm on my own (no sympathy please - I don't have a problem with it!!).
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

Post by AnnaB »

Richard

We don't make the weeks menus out till Sun so I don't know yet.

Breakfast will be as usual toast for him, porridge and a banana for me.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I don't think I dare say here what our daughter is cooking us (but it will be free range)
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

And both daughters are coming here tomorrow for the traditional pre-Christmas grating of fingers (& carrots, apples, lemon peel etc), to make the pudds, and cakes.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

My 'trad' meal will be on the 27th in Southampton (Daughter, son-in-law and kids going to Lapland for Christmas).
I will travel down Boxing Day with Leo to get their home coming ready for that evening.

Mind you, I still won't go for the trad anyway as I don't like them!

I've spent two Christmas's in Germany and three in Italy and much preferred them, lot less fuss (and presents!).
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
wendy

Post by wendy »

We are on our own Yeah

Breakfast will be the normal Cornflakes after a bracing walk with the dogs.

Lunch. Prawns.

Roast Beef, Roast Potatoes and all the other trimmings.

Christmas Pudding and home made custard.

Evening A lot of picking at bits and pieces I would think.

At my daughters for Boxing day, so another blow out I expect !
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

oh, dont remind me!! Got the family coming over to us, thats 6 adults and 3 children, and 3 dogs - its not too bad, but the dogs fight a lot so we have to keep a constant eye!!!

Mum is coming on Christmas Eve, with the meat (absolutely no idea about what!!) and for supper on C Eve, we usually have something like home made fish pie (mmmmmmmmm).

On the day will be cooked breakfast, cos Im still immature and get up really early!!! (even though the children wont be arriving til about 11 ish!) then, ful blown Xmas dinner about 3 ish, then for tea, well, we dont always have it, but it will be nibbles for those that can stillmove!

o, and that remidns me, must do the pickled cabbage!!!
My Websites; http://www.tranquillitytherapies.co.uk
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

We're on our own too - and we definitely like it that way!!!!

We're having:

Starters - feta salad for me, turkey and cranberry pate for hubby

Mains - yorskshire puds, chestnut pie, roast potatoes and butternut squash for me and steak, yorkshire puds, potatoes peas and carrots for him

Pud - apple crumble for me, mint ice cream for him

In the evening we'll have lots of nibbles, and no doubt a few glasses of port too!!!!

Can't wait for Christmas!!!!!!! I'm cooking a chicken for the cats as their special treat, and I'll give the girls a few corn on the cobs and any leftover lunch!!
Small steps lead to big changes
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

I've finally made my own, JO pie (which I posted on here), my first attempt exploded LOL
We've refused to buy in any rubbish food, just fruit & booze, that'll do us nicely )t' we'll be mostly on our own too & that suits us to a "T"
Cheers
mel x
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

I live on my own and Christmas day alone does not bother me in the least! It means I don't have to worry about keeping to a timetable (lunch may be whenever its ready!) or offending anyone.

In the past I have got up early about 5.30amish, downed 2 large mugs of coffee (I'm addicted to those Nescafe cappucinos, the Vanilla or Caramel flavours, mmmmm), and then (depending on the weather) made up a small flask of coffee (with a drop of Irish cream) and wrapped a piece of Christmas cake, packed the rucksack with some little biscuits for the dog, a small bottle of water and a small bowl, a plastic sheet and an old cheap rag rug to sit on (usually the ground is inevitably wet and cold!), and then gone for a 5 mile walk round the local woods, canal & meadows. We manage to get 2 little coffee breaks (the dog knows exactly where these pit stops are out of habit and she gets very confused and upset if we don't stop at them!), watched the dawn break and the sun rise before going home.

I've usually had a traditional Christmas dinner of turkey, stuffing, onion & sausage ball, roast potato, roast parsnip & carrot, peas & a couple of brussels (don't really like them but doesn't seem right without them!), apple sauce, cranberry sauce & gravy, with a bottle of good wine. Usually too stuffed or pickled for pudding, so by evening, I make up salad sandwiches with the leftovers, more wine, followed by the christmas pudding & a rich, creamy white sauce. Somewhere there is a recollection of having a sherry, and or, a glass of ginger wine.

Earlier this year I broke my oven (a silly, stupid accident) so things may not go to plan as I try to juggle things in and out of the combination oven .....
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

LL that sounds absolutley fab, we usually go off ski-ing for xmas, start day with a humungous cooked breakfast & Bucks fizz, then we are sooo posh, we have chips & mulled wine on the piste (literally) for lunch )eat(
Ski all day, everyone dresses up in fancy dress, we even saw a guy in just his underpants & it was -26 brrrr, then off back to the chalet to stuff our fat little faces )pty & get plastered, it's absolutely brilliant.
Cheers
mel x
wendy

Post by wendy »

Yes, that does sound fab.
We also have bucks fizz, but just before lunch.
I go to my blind friend in the morning. To spend some time with her as she is on her own, and I tell her who bought the presents and what they are. So I can't be tiddly in the morning LOL
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

It's just myself, hubby, cat and colonel this xmas. Got to work every day til 2nd jan...ho hum.
Dont know what we will be eating, nothing cooked if we dont get the bottled gas on time :shock: (f+ . Boss is cruising the carribean til 28th dec, its nice to have the use of the swimming pool jaccuzi etc :razz:
Looove chucks!