The F Word

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Some good points, I thank WC for her insight into the world of pests and pest control (it was the romans who introduced rabbits, saw it on a program with the chap off the tax self assessment add). Anyway I think that Mr Ramsey is a breath of fresh air and along with his chums MR F-W And the mockney wide boy he's doing wonders to educate the country into where the food they eat comes from. If folk then choose to stop eating meat then that's their choice; i just hope that those folk look at both sides of the story before making their desicion.

)ot:
Incidently the biggest introduced pest in the world is the domestic cat, more animal and bird speiceis have been wiped out by it's introduction than any other....just a thought that occurreed when I found a dead pigeon on my lawn this morning.
Bah Humbug
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

Matter of opinion I think, that of pest=cat

Anyway, all this has gone a bit )ot: )ot: )ot: )ot: )ot: )ot:

Back to Mr R methinks!
Small steps lead to big changes
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

morph wrote:Matter of opinion I think, that of pest=cat

Anyway, all this has gone a bit )ot: )ot: )ot: )ot: )ot: )ot:

Back to Mr R methinks!

I wonder what the few remaining ground dwelling bird species of New Zealand would have to say on the matter or indeed those rapidly deminishing species indiginous to the populated islands in the Galapogos.
Bah Humbug
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I missed the first F word of this series so don’t know what’s happening. What manner of beast is Gordon keeping in his garden this time and what has he called them? confused>
Bah Humbug
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

)ot: Incidentally I wasn’t having a pop at cats or indeed their owners; just an observation on the impact that our inadvertent animal releases have on the environment. I was reading an article on the adverse effect of our love affair with our cats was having on the native songbird population and it mentioned New Zealand etc. Apparently cats aren’t really that effective as a mouse control either which is slightly ironic. Anyway enough talk…. )ot:

back to Gordon....
Bah Humbug
wendy

Post by wendy »

Will you lot get back to the 'F word' or there will be trouble LOL
Lets all agree to differ and leave it there
Wendy
[with moderators hat on !!]
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Effie
Legendary Laner

Post by Effie »

Janet Street Porter is raising two veal calves - no names yet and she paid about £180 for each of them, that's going to be an expensive meal in 12 weeks time!

Is this going to trigger an )ot: debate on the rights/wrongs of eating veal?

I'm saying nuffin' sile}
" -zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens!"
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

Effie - you are funny!!

My brain wishes for mindless gossip, and no stressful debates please.....ahem ^b: ^b:

I thought it was funny how he called her Janet Street-Pensioner - looking good for her age!!

I also thought it odd that she lives in such a beautiful place, yet isn't an animal owner - oooooo what I could do with that land!!!
Small steps lead to big changes
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

She paid how much! My daughter rented a house on a hunt yard and because of all the day old calves brought to be slaughtered for the hounds actually thought of raising veal herself. JSP has been done!
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Am I the only one who thinks GR, can't even say his name, is positively vile. How he talks to people is disgusting. Can I say that this is my personal opinion, and not necessarily the opinion of the management of Down The Lane. Don't want to get you into trouble Richard.
Ilona
)dwn:
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Janet's veal are called Elton & David (after Elton John and David Furnish)

Apparently Elton got a dog recently which he described as yappy and annoying..... or something like that and he called Janet as it reminded him of Janet Street Porter.

Janet's now getting her own back!

June (Mrs Saint-Spoon)
Bah Humbug
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

Re bunnies with mixy - read a survival book (Bear Grylls or someone like that) which said you can eat them with the disease, but just not the liver.
Waste not, want not!!