What's for dinner tonight?

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: What's for dinner tonight?

Post by Benny&Co »

No worries Ellie, I like my paua jewellery too :-D

Yummy carbonara, how do you make yours?

I recently tried the Aldo Zilli recipe and I'm hooked on that. It has no cream and is very scrummy )eat(

Here you go )c+

http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/644515
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

I must admit I always put cream in mine Bev :oops: , but other than that it's fairly similar, except I only use 4 eggs. The important thing for me is loads of Parmesan, I can't get enough of it! )eat(
Think I might give aldo's a try tonight since its bound to be less calories than mine :oops: thanks Bev
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

I love my parmesan too - mind you, I love all cheeses pretty much! Think I'm a mouse really {rofwl}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
manda

Post by manda »

Paua is a sea snail ...sounds attractive doesn't it...bu tthey do make lovely fritters )grin2(

Parmesan ...mmmmmmmm )eat(
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

we had frajitas and spicey potato wedges
Bah Humbug
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Hubby had scrambled egg as not feeling a bit poorly, I am having some toast and marmite and going to crash out in bed with book. Was going to make salmon and broccoli quiche but thats on hold now.
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

We had wraps filled with salad and chicken pieces in breadcrumbs and drizzled with sweet chili sauce ( like Maccy Dee's) Yummy!
LYN
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

As I am in the middle of painting the kitchen, and cannot face cooking, OH had the choice of eggs & baked beans on toast or eggs and chips. He chose the eggs and chips with fresh fruit salad and cream after. In case you are wondering what I am doing on here, it's called having a blow.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

Salmon steaks cooked in microwave with fresh dill, butter and pepper (3 mins!) with new spuds and a big pile of fresh veg.
chookmike
Longlasting Laner

Post by chookmike »

manda wrote:Paua is a sea snail ...sounds attractive doesn't it...bu tthey do make lovely fritters )grin2(

Parmesan ...mmmmmmmm )eat(

The first person to look at a Paua and think..mmm, I could eat that, was as mad as a meat knife in my humble opinion. Ditto Whelks! Any more salmon coming through the door?
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Hubby has his appetite back so we are having marmite mince, carrots, parsnip, green beans and mashed potato.
Might do toffee apple crumble as have clotted cream to use up.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Ooooh MrsBoods, that sounds extremely scrummy )eat(

I've got some minced steak out of the freezer, not sure what I'm going to do with it as yet - maybe chili, bolly, meatballs with chorizo, cottage pie.... )eat(
Bev x

Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

We're having sushi tonight )c(

We all love it apart from Izzy and as she doesn't come home from Spain until late tonight we thought it the perfect opportunity for us to indulge without her feeling left out )t'
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

I'm with izzy when it comes to sushi Lucy, but enjoy )eat(

Chippy for us as its connor's birthday and that's what he's asked for. )c( saves me cooking!
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

No, sorry Lucy could`nt do sushi, fraid fish meat etc has to err on the side of very well done.
We had fish and chips from shop couple of weeks ago Ellie, had`nt had it for ages, gosh did enjoy it.