Cat Food

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Cat Food

Post by Richard »

Is it just me or do you have the same problem?

Blog entry -
http://www.downthelane.net/extras/2007/06/22/cat-food-sachets/

Perhaps I'm just a miserable old git?

Richard :mad:
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
b_cos_1_can

Post by b_cos_1_can »

youve got blooming fussy cats!! :)

i have to feed my cat on a dry food diet from the vets cos he is so prone to gingivitis, which then leads to other complications. i do feel sorry for him having to have the same food day in day out, so occasionally i give him half a sachet to make it a bit more exciting for him!

he goes mad for it! and because its a treat, he isnt fussy about the flavour!!

kat xx
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

I do sympathise, but I'm afraid I have a large bag of dried complete food which they all eat....... :shock:

I suppose they know they'll get nothing else otherwise - oh, I must be an evil mum!!! However, one cat stills seems to be FAT! He's just a naughty mouse and bird guzzler - evil boy!
Small steps lead to big changes
wendy

Post by wendy »

This seems like I have been here before. My forum has just had this kind of debate. LOL
But I wouldn't know Richard. My animals only get fresh meat.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

Cat Food

Post by AnnaB »

Ok Wendy
I'll do it here as well!! My cat used to have all the supermarket 'junk' 4 years ago I read an article that said one of the leading brands was experimenting on cats with 2 types of food - one contained all the essential ingredients that the animal needs and one without the very basic stuff. This to me was cruelty as they knew what they needed. Went online to find a decent meal for the fussy cat and found Burns (free of battery hens and produced by a vet), weaned her onto it and she became a different cat. She is much more affectionate and vocal. She has never been a greedy girl as long as her dish is full she feels secure (lets us know very loudly if its down to its last few pellets!)
She has her treats prawns, liver, carrots, peas, yogurt and ice-cream when they are available.
melons
Legendary Laner

Kitty food

Post by melons »

Good lord, mine only eats biscuits, apparently they changed the nozzle shape at the Whiskas factory the week she finally started to eat meat, she was 9 weeks old before she would look at meat & was still having a bottle, so I was desperate for her to eat, this nozzle shape changed it to a mousse consistency & she never ate meat again! So I wrote & asked what had happened, that was there explanation..a nozzle change, they sent me more kitten food as an apology, I didn't need any more! So I have no flies eggs or mess, she even eats the ones she's drops, bless her, maybe because she's hand reared, she copies mummy!
But i've been there & done all that with cat food in the past, so we do appreciate her.
There's not the room to write about the electronic cat flap hassles when we had 4 cats...jeez. Just use your most extreme imagination, then double it.
Cheers
mel x
heebiejeebie
Lively Laner

Post by heebiejeebie »

One of our mogs has a special diet for preventing crystals in his wee... so they all get the special diet. Not one of them has complained but then they've had no alternative for the past 3 or 4 years except for normal dry cat food when I forget to order the special stuff.

They can recognise the sound of a tin opener from the farthest reaches of their territory though!
There's no cure for stupidity.