OH MY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

OH MY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by sharon the chauffeur »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 579353.stm
i really feel for children here as mine eat me out of house and home and still want there desserts!!!!1, i wont be going anywhere near this place
Orfy
Legendary Laner

Post by Orfy »

That really does discriminate between heavier children.

to make th link work take the , off the end.
poodlegirl
Lively Laner

Post by poodlegirl »

omg who in thier right mind would think that this was a "bit of fun ",I have 2 girls 10 and 12 and there is no way i would want thier weight to become an issue when eating especially in public ,a lot of kids are screwed up enough nowadays without this kind of "fun" )dwn:
Mum to 2 teenagers,1 poodle,1cat,1 rabbit,1 hamster,fish and 6 hens .
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Thanks Orfy, I've taken it off, it works now.

Ilona
wendy

Post by wendy »

I don't think that is an over reaction at all, that is a terrible thing to do to a child. It is not their fault they are heavy it is the parents fault.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

I'm absolutely speechless! )cn(

The man is obviously insane and has never had to consider the feelings of anyone else but himself! My daughter is too self-conscious to play in the paddling pool in our back garden in case any of the neighbours see her in her swimming costume. She says she's fat (she is as skinny as a rake and most normal clothes fall off her!)

I know we have to watch our children's diet to make sure that they grow up healthily, but we're in danger of going the other way soon - we'll end up with a nation of anorexic children. )gr: )gr:
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

sadly i am a skinny person and i find this weight issue obserd at my age of 42, i cannot help my weigh for got sakes i was bought up on dripping sarnies and anything fatty , but didnt help me , what is wrong with the world so im skinny size 1 nothing i can do about it , my mum is size 8 and had 4 children, and look good, so with disregard to thin or fat i think it donr matter, main thing is happiness?
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

i am sorry i had to put this but to hell with the nation you mums and dads doo normal we live in a wicked enough world
jo68
Legendary Laner

Post by jo68 »

hi (f+ (f+ (f+

i thought the article was a joke but it seems it isnt,

my daughter also thinks she is fat,she is a size 6 so very slim, at the moment she gets her weight checked every six weeks because she has ME and she hates it, she would hate doing it in public.

jo x
Chicken on the Hill
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chicken on the Hill »

That is outrageous! My daughter is overweight, but if we eat out, its a one off treat. So she can have what she wants. We occaisionally go to an all you can eat chinese buffet. I stick to vege, but I don't tell my daughter she cant have this or that, as its a treat to eat out. She can have whatever she wants as I limit her food at home. If you pay for it you are entitled to it. And yes it is a parents responsibility to look after their childs health.
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

to have is to love