which takeaways are most popular

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Same as Ilona, Fish and Chips, probably twice maximum a year.
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Nellie
Lively Laner

Post by Nellie »

I occasionally have an Indian take-away. The main dishes are just too much for me, so I cheat and have a 'starter' with a vegetable dish (Cauliflower Bhaji is my favourite). And I always cook my own rice; 'Tild a' is best.
Teasal
Longlasting Laner

Post by Teasal »

We rarely have a takeway because of the cost - although Saturday evening my OH went to the local Pizza place and bought us a lovely pizza - and it was very nice.

I do like Chinese which we have very occasionally - like if they have an offer on or something. Although I never have chicken dishes because it won't be free range. Maybe I am a one off, but I have never, ever, had an Indian meal. Never wanted one either. Well, thats not true, I enjoy the smell of the food coming from the Indian, but the spices and things in their food would be sure to set my stomach ulcers off!!

With the takeways being such a long way from our house, its not like we are tempted by the smell every night. I may succumb more often if we lived closer lol!!
Dean H
Lively Laner

Post by Dean H »

Hi Mellonia,
being just up the road from you I'm guessing you live near the Parkway/Kingston road roundabout?
If I'm right, were you aware that Francois (Of Francois of Willerby - the restaurant that used to be on the Willerby retail park) is opening his new restaurant on the first of November, on the parade of shops by the roundabout (the premises are presently 159 Cafe Bistro)
Much better food than a takeaway!
Back on topic though, my preferences are Indian first then chinese and then pizza. occasionally I like a doner kebab, but as everyone knows it's illegal to eat doner meat when sober! :)
Dean.
I may have to grow older, but it doesn't mean I have to grow up!
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

We tend to alternate between a chinese and an indian. Always the same - sweet and sour chicken cantonese with boiled rice or chicken korma with boiled rice and naan bread for me, special curry with chips or kebab with chili and garlic for him indoors. I get the king prawns out of the special curry - they were my pregnancy craving and I still love them :)
Take aways are (hopefully) going to get cut down from one a week to one a month in our house.
ged
Lively Laner

Takeaways.......

Post by ged »

:-D
I am of the 'fish and chip'persuasion,normally about once per month but sometimes longer intervals.I really enjoy food,I did City&Guilds (cooking) some years ago as a hobby activity,I absolutely love reading cookery books.
Takeaways are very expensive and I feel you are not always sure of what goes into them,esp those with heavy spice added.
It was a standing joke at one time in my regiment,that if an enemy were to invade,sunday morning would be the best time due to a large proportion of 'squaddies' suffering a 'monosodium glutimate' headache from too much booze and a chinese meal the night before!
atb
ged )c+
'Ask not what can your Country do for you,rather,What can you do for your Country'
John F Kennedy
Service before self,
Strength and honour.
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

To be honest, the takeaways over here are rubbish!! It' s such a shame because most folks over here like to eat out, especially as it's a mainly seaside island. The major villages being by the sea but the fish and chips are nothing special. The local indian 's currys are more like soup and the chinese restaurant warms it's buffet food up on those little night light thingys. It got warmer the longer we were there :shock: The gateau (only pud) was still slightly frozen inside. I think the best takeaway on the island is the indigestion medicine you get from the pharmacy...... and dioreze!! :shock: :shock: (f+
Looove chucks!
heebiejeebie
Lively Laner

Post by heebiejeebie »

I like Indian - we have a takeaway near here that delivers and is at least trying to be ethical. The food currently comes in reusable tubs and the portions are just the right size.

If I'm having Chinese I'd rather have a go at making it myself. I made beef & oyster sauce last week and (imho) it was better than the local restaurant (currently shut).

Pizza - only if I have real cravings for it because it's so oily from the takeaway.

Fish 'n' chips. Sorry but I come from quite near the coast and to enjoy this properly you have to be sitting outdoors in the drizzle with the sound of the sea in your ears! (When I lived "oop North" we used to go to Tynemouth for fish & chips and make it a day out). I've extensively tested all my local fish & chip shops and none of them is any good really (yukky soggy chips and batter), although there is one that will only cook the fish when you order it so there's a wait but you know it's fresh.
There's no cure for stupidity.